Take 5 with Bridget

Bridget Nelson, 2nd year student

Bridget, casually smiling for the camera

What are you up to this semester?
This semester I am balancing 4 classes, my assistantship in the Office of Health Promotion and Wellness, doing practicum at SCPS, and developing my own study related to bystander intervention in the Cultural Studies Team Lab. I’m also in the process of interviewing for practicum sites for next year, which is exciting for me. For fun things, I mostly just watch The Bachelor, Google Bachelor spoilers, and watch murder docuseries and go out to eat on a moment’s notice.

What do you wish you had been able to do more of last semester?
I wish I would have done more self reflection and taken a step back to recognize that I am capable and all my work will get done. I wish that I would have been nicer to myself about the work I did accomplish. Also I always wish I would have done more spontaneous weekend hiking trips #chacosforlyfe

Where do you see yourself after completing the program?
I hope to work in a big city doing mostly clinical work at a hospital or VA and some teaching. I hope to be administering assessments and seeing therapy clients for the majority of my work. 

What is your favorite part of ACOPS?
My favorite part of ACOPS is the possibility of having snacks at all ACOPS meetings as early as next year 🙂 🙂 🙂

In honor of Leap Year, if you had an extra day that did not need to be filled with academic and work responsibilities, how would you spend it?
Well it would need to be a summer day with 85 degree heat but not humidity and a night where there was fireworks. I would spend it on the lake I grew up on in Minnesota with all my friends and family and then I would go to downtown Minneapolis that night and watch fireworks and come home before I was too exhausted to do my skincare routine. Sleep a solid 9 hours into the next day.