Take 5 with Erika

Erika Hanley, 4th year student

Erika at the APA Convention

How was your last semester?
Last semester was my first time teaching so I put a lot of effort into growing in that area of my education and journey. I was also struggling to figure out how to write my dissertation.

What do you wish you had been able to do more of last semester?
This was not just for last semester but I do wish I had been able to find more balance. Despite doing my best to make and stick to a schedule so I can maintain balance it is still something I have to work on.

Where do you see yourself after completing the program?
After completing the program I see myself on a vacation. After a vacation, I’d like to be able to teach at a small, liberal arts college. I’m willing to move wherever a job takes me although the prospect of moving up North or out West is enticing.

What is your favorite part of ACOPS?
I don’t always have the opportunity to see everyone in the program, especially now that I am an upper-year that spends a lot of time off-campus. ACOPS gives me the chance to check in with folks and see them in person.

What non-psychology thing are you most looking forward to in 2020?I’m looking forward to film (Birds of Prey, The Photograph, Black Widow, WW84, Soul, Tenet, The French Dispatch, In The Heights, West Side Story, Eternals) and TV (Schitt’s Creek, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision, Westworld).