Take 5 with JB

JB Mitchell (4th year student)

JB and his fiancee, Keri, rolling Toomers!
  • What have you been up to this semester?

Too much! I have been doing a therapy and an assessment practicum, working at my assistantship, and writing my dissertation. I also got engaged recently, so I’ve been trying to plan a wedding in my “free time.”

• What do you wish you had been able to do more of this semester?

I wish that I would’ve been able to hang out with more people, inside and outside of the program. I’m not taking any classes this semester, so I feel like that has drastically limited my social interactions and it feels like I go months without seeing people.

• Where do you see yourself after completing the program?

I think I’d like to eventually split my time between a clinic and a private practice. I love the flexibility and independence of private practice but want to make sure I’m reaching people of all different sociocultural backgrounds. 

• What is your favorite part of ACOPS?

I really like our socials! There’s usually good food, good company, and a lot of laughs. My favorite social of this past semester was definitely the Mario Kart N64 tournament. It was a ton of fun and I got an Avengers beach ball for placing 2nd! 

• What is your most frequently used emoji?

Hmmm probably the cat laugh-crying. It just seems fitting in most conversations (insert cat laugh-crying emoji here).